BOOK WITH CONFIDENCE
As a UK Tour Operator specialising in worldwide expeditions all our flights and holidays are financially guaranteed under a government-backed scheme.
We have always held our customers financial security as our highest priority. We carry the Government backed holiday protection ATOL licence (9303) which means that every penny you spend with us is fully protected no matter how you pay (credit/debit card, cash or cheque).
WHAT IS ATOL?
ATOL stands for Air Travel Organiser's Licence. It’s a national scheme operated by the Civil Aviation Authority (CAA), and it protects you when you book a holiday with us. It ensures that you don’t lose the money you paid out or become stranded abroad if in our business collapses. ATOL protects around 20 million holidaymakers and travellers every year.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
Choosing an ATOL protected company like Adventure Lifesigns means we’ve been checked out by the CAA, so if the company does collapse you’re in safe hands. If you're overseas, ATOL will make sure you can finish your break and get home as planned.
If you haven't yet travelled, ATOL will ensure you get a full refund for the expedition – and in some cases you may be able to continue with your expedition as planned.
ATOL HAS IT COVERED
Look for ATOL protection before you book:
- flights and accommodation and/or car hire at the same time or on the next day with a travel company - we call this Flight-Plus
- flights booked with a travel company and you don’t get a valid airline ticket straightaway.
- For more information on ATOL visit their website. Your ATOL certificate is proof that the holiday or flight you have booked is protected by ATOL. It tells you what protection you have and what to do if your travel company collapses.
WHEN YOU BOOK
Whether you book with us, you will be issued with an ATOL certificate as soon as you make any payment for an ATOL protected trip.
WHAT'S AN ATOL CERTIFICATE?
Your ATOL certificate is proof that the expedition you have booked is protected by ATOL. It tells you what protection you have and what to do if we cease trading.
Keep your ATOL certificate somewhere safe.
The Association of Bonded Travel Organisers Trust Limited (ABTOT) provides financial protection under the Package Travel, Package Holidays and Package Tours Regulations 1992 for Adventure Lifesigns, and in the event of their insolvency, protection is provided for the following:
- non-flight packages commencing in and returning to the UK;
- non-flight packages commencing and returning to a country other than the UK; and
- flight inclusive packages that commence outside of the UK, which are sold to customers outside of the UK.
1, 2 and 3 provides for a refund in the event you have not yet travelled. 1 and 3 provides for repatriation. Please note that bookings made outside the UK are only protected by ABTOT when purchased directly with Adventure Lifesigns Limited.